At Our Solutions, we understand that addiction recovery is a lifelong process that continues long after you leave our program. Although relapse rates for drug addiction are between 40-60% (according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse), there is strong that participation in follow-up programs can help people in recovery maintain sobriety. Our alumni program strives to provide ongoing support and fellowship to anyone who has completed treatment with us.
Our Alumni Program is an important part of our individualized addiction treatment services. Upon completion of the program, clients are encouraged to maintain a relationship with Our Solutions through participation in our Alumni Program. We provide members with multiple resources for maintaining a drug and alcohol free lifestyle. Our team also provides support in achieving lifelong goals and aspirations. This program is offered to each client returning home from treatment or those enrolled in our Intensive Outpatient Program. The program is tailored for where each individual is in his or her recovery, and provides a variety of options based on the unique aspects if each client’s personality. A support specialist is always within reach, whether for a referral or simply an encouraging word.
Addiction Recovery Events, Tools and Program Features
We offer different activities for alumni that allow them to share their experiences, stories, challenges, inspiration, and just have fun. Alumni events are offered monthly throughout the year to keep connections close and help those that have newly completed the program.
Here are some of the addiction recovery tools and program features available to all alumni:
- The day after leaving treatment, we will check in by phone and continue to do so weekly to answer questions and provide meeting information.
- 24-hour support is available and contact information is provided exclusively to alumni members. Sometimes, the hardest thing for someone to do is pick up the phone to make a call for help. That is why we offer many different methods of contact for our alumni members.
- Monthly social events offer fun outings in a group activity setting.
- Monthly recovery meetings are held in Fort Lauderdale to give alumni an opportunity to see each other, share their stories, and reinforce their commitment to staying sober.
- Alumni will be updated via email on upcoming events and other sober news.
- Mobile communications are available for those that prefer to chat online or would like to join a meeting virtually.
- We recognize our alumni’s birthdays and sober days during meetings.
- Other recovery resources are available to our past and existing clients. Links to AA and NA literature, AL-anon, and SMART Recovery® are provided as well as local area information for Fort Lauderdale, such as library and support meeting locations, employment information from Workforce1 and vocational rehab resources, and public transportation schedules.
Alumni Support at Our Solutions Recovery Center
Recovery from addiction is a lifelong endeavor and we encourage all clients who complete treatment to become alumni program members. The full range of services offered through the alumni program keeps everyone connected, increasing the chance for success and continued sobriety. We are committed to helping our clients remain sober after completing our treatment programs.