Clients in recovery are often attempting to cope with trauma and/or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as well as an addiction or other mental health disorders like depression, anxiety, body image issues, eating disorders, sex addiction, and many others. Our trauma specialists utilize trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy along with other evidence-based techniques to help clients work though painful past experiences or events that might be preventing them from achieving full recovery. We know that trauma or PTSD can lead to substance abuse if it’s not properly treated. This happens when clients use drugs or alcohol to self-medicate to cope with the traumatic event or to self-soothe the often-persistent pain of PTSD.
Our staff includes specialists in trauma care and recovery alongside medical experts and a highly trained staff focused on drug abuse treatment. Our customized treatment plans integrate individual and group counseling as well as nontraditional medical interventions, holistic activities, and more traditional 12-step group support methods. As a dual diagnosis treatment center, we also specialize in treating co-occurring disorders.
Trauma and PTSD Counseling
Our Solutions strives to enhance our clients’ recovery with the most current advancements in technology and psychological research. Importantly, we believe trauma—whether psychological, emotional, or physical—lies at the heart of many addictions and body image disorders, and we utilize this paradigm to help people heal old wounds that have gone unrecognized.
Types of Trauma Therapy
Our Solutions offers a variety of different types of trauma therapy, including:
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)—An evidence-based therapy that helps clients move through trauma, which lies at the foundation of addiction issues.
- Neuro-stimulation—Helps clients release the urge to use drugs and also reduces their physical pain, depressive symptoms, and anxiety symptoms. Effectively reduces pain without medication
- Hypnotherapy—This is one of the best techniques to treat trauma because it helps get to the root of the problem on a subconscious level.
- Psychodrama—This is another form of Jungian or Gestalt therapy, and is focused on role-playing to help resolve old conflicts. It helps clients get in touch with their emotions.
- Energy and chakra healing—This type of therapy helps clients focus on where they “feel” their emotions in their physical bodies. It aims to release blocked energy due to childhood development problems, adulthood neuroses, or other trauma that has not been addressed.
- Meditation and yoga—These help clients stop incessant thoughts or ruminations that are blocking advanced healing and recovery.
We know that each client is different and the treatment plan for each individual must also be different based on his or her needs, history, and diagnoses. The client’s input is also primary and necessary to the process of customizing the treatment plan and developing the right program of services and therapies. We offer both traditional medical interventions and cutting-edge technologies, which allow clients increased focus for group and individual therapy.
At Our Solutions, we make therapy with a trauma or PTSD specialist part of an individualized recovery plan. If you or a loved one has experienced trauma or is suffering from PTSD and is actively self-medicating, we can help. Our admissions team is standing by to provide you with guidance and answer questions about our treatment programs. Please contact us today.